We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website. In particular, we want you to know that we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Your geographical location, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
Using your Personal Information
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us. We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Links to other websites
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons:
- to tell you about topics that you’ve asked us to tell you about
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- to check our records are accurate and to verify every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a proprietary web application to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us via the contact page.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected server. All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to your personal information
Under new GDPR legislation you have the right to request access, amend or request terminatation of any personal data that we hold. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank, plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on December 20th, 2020.
1 a )Payment is made at time of booking.
b) Confirmation emails will be sent after payment is complete.
c) All bookings are non-refundable.
d) Booking amendments can only be made if notification is given at least 5 days prior to your visit date. Amendments will incur an administration charge.
e) You should aim to be at the farm before the stated start time. While we try to accommodate visitors who encounter travel difficulties, we cannot delay the walk significantly more than 10 minutes. All activities start at the first time shown for that activity.
2 a) No unaccompanied minors (under 16 years).
b) The minimum age for children having sole control of an alpaca is 11 years.
(Note: 2nd lead ropes with an adult is possible for younger children - please write requirements in the "Notes" box)
3) For ultimate enjoyment of the experience, we recommend a walker / alpaca ratio of 1:1 (with exception of note 2 above)
However, we do allow sharing of alpacas by groups of walkers up to a maximum of 2 people per alpaca
Groups with a larger number of people per alpaca booked may not be permitted to partake in the activity
4) We reserve the right to refuse to include an individual on an activity under the following circumstances:
a) If the visitor is unfit to control an alpaca due to influence of alcohol or drugs.
b) If the visitor is showing inappropriate behaviour towards other individuals or alpacas.
c) If the visitor's inclusion in the group could constitute a safety risk or hazzard to the activity.
5) We reserve the right to cancel the activity at short (or no) advance notice due to the following circumstances:
a) Weather conditions which could cause the activity to be unsafe or risk injury to participants.
b) Illness or personal (family) circumstances relating to the owners or staff of BobCat Alpacas.
c) Health or welfare of any alpaca within the herd.
d) External factors (e.g. animal movement restrictions).
In the event of cancellation as described above, liability of BobCat Alpacas will be limited to facilitating the rescheduling of the booking.
6) No person during the activity (other than the owners) will have sole control of more than 2 alpacas at any time.
7) Dogs are not permitted within the boundaries of the farm at any time.
- dogs cannot accompany walkers during the activities
- dogs should not be left within visitors' cars during activities.
8) Individuals with physical disabilities may find some of the terrain on the walking activity challenging and should discuss this aspect with BobCat team before booking to establish viability.
9) While BobCat Alpacas do carry Public Liability Insurance, visitors remain responsible for ensuring their own safety, as well as those within their group, during the activity.
10 a) There is an adequate but limited parking facilty on site.
b) Cars are parked at their owners' risk.